Bishop Hugh Gilbert has asked the Ogilvie Centre to develop, from the This is Our Faith curriculum, a list of essential points to be covered by catechists of Confirmation.
- The Confirmation Curriculum
- Booklet for Gifts of the Holy Spirit Catechesis – this booklet provides approved definitions of the Holy Spirit and activities to use in teaching them
Other Confirmation Links:
- “Decision Point” from Dynamic Catholic – Engaging Confirmation program for teens, comprised of well-produced videos and workbooks. Free!
- Transformed in Christ – Developed in the UK, 22 evangelizing-catechesis sessions aimed at 12-16 year olds, with free video clips, attractive workbooks, helpful catechist guide and a blog that assists catechists along in the journey. The 22-session experience is meant to help develop community among the confirmation candidates. Also can be used for post-Confirmation youth group catechesis. Leader’s guide £16, student workbooks £10 each.
- “SDC” – Twenty-two free lessons and worksheets which cover important topics in preparation for Confirmation.
- Sadlier Religion Confirmation – This new multimedia approach to Confirmation preparation will inspire and engage adolescents through the multimedia approach of artwork and cultivate a deeper understanding of Scripture and relationship with Christ through the practice of Lectio and Visio Divina.
- YouCat Confirmation – Adopting the trusted, tried and quality pedagogy and highly successful design and communication methods of YouCat, this Course is designed to engage young people of 12 years old and upwards. Its theological basis is a four part training plan for young people, comprising: participation in the course, Sunday Mass, regular prayer, and Bible reading.