Ministers of children’s liturgy provide a beautiful service to the Church, as they prepare and provide an age-appropriate experience of the Liturgy of the Word for our parishes’ children.
The RC Diocese of Aberdeen has recently published guidelines for children’s liturgists as they prepare the sessions for the children:
Explore Weekly is a completely FREE “take-home” activity sheet for primary school-aged children aimed at reinforcing what is learnt during a Children’s Liturgy session in a fun and appropriate way. Each week gospel-focused reflection, prayer and a variety of activities will engage children on their faith journeys.
Not just for use at Children’s Liturgy Sessions – They are currently being used in schools, clubs and more! Created by a Catechist from the Diocese of Aberdeen. Published every Saturday!
Advent 2023 – Resources coming soon!
‘A child will be born to us. God will give a son to us. He will be responsible for leading the people.’ (Isaiah 9:6)
- The Complete Children’s Liturgy Book (Eden) – A popular comprehensive programme for every Sunday of the Lectionary (ages 4-8)
- The Liturgy of the Word with Children (Eden) – A popular comprehensive programme for every Sunday of the Lectionary (ages 8-10)
- Catholic Kids Media (Youtube) – Fun Catholic video reflection for kids based on the Sunday readings.
- Archdiocese of Westminster – This archdiocesan site provides guidelines, tips, weekly liturgy session plans and web resources to carry out a successful children’s liturgy.
- S.D.C – Worksheet resources for Children’s Liturgy.
- RCL Benziger – Catechetical Library for the Liturgical Year.
- Look to Him and Be Radiant – An excellent range of engaging educational resources for Catholic homes and classrooms.